- PhD English studies, (Stellenbosch),
- MA in English (Midlands State University),
- BA Honours in English, (University of Zimbabwe)
Cultural studies, literature, media
- Tagwirei C (2016) The Unhu literary gaze: An African-based mode of reading Zimbabwean children’s texts, Routledge’s Companion to International Children’s Literature. In Print
- Tagwirei C (2015) Dealing with a Troubled Rhodesian Past: Narrative Detachment and Intimacy in Peter Godwin’s Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa (1996). Journal of Literary Studies, Vol 31, Issue 3.
- Tagwirei C and de Kock L (2015) From ‘Bush’ to ‘Farm’: Emplacement and Displacement in Contemporary White Zimbabwean Narratives, The Journal of Commonwealth Literature. DOI: 10.1177/0021989415573033
- Tagwirei C and de Kock L (2015) ‘Whiter’ than white? The inscription of race in Zimbabwean writing, revisited. African Identities.
- Tagwirei C (2015) The simultaneity of past and present in Ian Douglas Smith’s The Great Betrayal: The Memoirs of Ian Douglas Smith, (1997). Life Writing, DOI: 10.1080/14484528.2015.1073830
- Mboti N and Tagwirei C (2014) Heteroglossia in G.H Musengezi’s The Honourable MP, Critical Arts: A Journal of South-North Cultural Media, Vol 28, Issue 2, pp 178-198.
- Tagwirei C (2014) ‘Lame Ducks’ in the time of HIV and AIDS? Exploring Female Victimhood in Selected HIV and AIDS Narratives by Zimbabwean Female Writers, Critical Arts: A Journal of South-North Cultural Media, Vol 28, Issue 2, pp 216-228.
- Tagwirei C (2013) Fictions, Nation-building and Ideologies of Belonging in Children’s Literature: An analysis of Tunzi the Faithful Shadow, Children’s Literature in Education, Vol 44, Issue 1, pp 44-56.
- Javangwe T and Tagwirei C (2013) A Literary Approach to the Human Rights Discourse: The case of Zimbabwean Literature, The Dyke, Vol 7, Issue 1, pp 20-31.
- Tagwirei C (2013) Significant Silences and the Politics of National Reconciliation in Chater’s Crossing the Boundary Fence (1988), Journal of Literary Studies, Vol 29, Issue 4, pp 20-35.
- Tagwirei C (2013) Gender sub-streaming in the School Curriculum: The Case of the Zimbabwe Junior Certificate (Z.J.C.)’s Literature Component in Wanjiku J. Khamasi, Chia Longman and Mieke van Haegendoren (eds) Gender Practices and Challenges: A Call for Accountability, Moi University Press.
- Tagwirei C and Mangeya H (2013) ‘Juvenile’ Toilet Door Posting: An Expression of Gendered Views on Sex and Sexuality in Wanjiku J. Khamasi, Chia Longman and Mieke van Haegendoren (eds) Gender, Sexuality and the Media: A Question of Accountability, Moi University Press.
- Tagwirei C (2012) Re-Inventing Alterity: The Woman and the Albino in Takadini’s Sub-text, Diesis Footnotes on Literary Identities, Vol 2, Issue 1, pp 79-88.
- Tagwirei C (2009) Memory, Forgetfulness and the Preservation of ‘Third World’ Communities in Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude and Armah’s Two Thousand Seasons, Latin American Report, Vol 1, Issue 2, pp. 39-50.