- DLitt et Phil-Unisa,
- M.A- UZ,
- B.A Hons- MSU
- Tembo Charles- Humanisng and harmonising In Repositioning the humanities: Journal of contemporaryy research, 2014, MSU.
- Tembo Charles and Tevedzerai Gijimah- Autochthony in the midst of Afropessimism in Madirativhange:Journal of African Indigenous Languages and Literature Vol1 no 2. 2013.
- Viriri Advice and Tembo Charles-Language, Voice and Literature: expression of African spiritual experience in Zimbabwe’s chimurenga war narratives, in Imbizo: International Journal of African literary and comparative studies Vol. 1 no. 1, 2010.
- Peterson Dewah and Tembo Charles-Re-living Zimbabwe’s liberation struggle (Second Chimurenga) through selected songs of Simon Chimbetu, in Oral History: Heritage and Identity, Department of Arts and culture, UNISA, 2013.
- Tembo Charles -An embodied culture of optimism and struggle: the sungura music of Tongai Moyo, in The Journal of Pan African Studies Vol 6 no 5, 2013
- Mpofu Phillip and Tembo Charles- Militarisng music and militarising the military: Making sense of musoja in Zimdancehall music, in MUZIKI: Journal of MusicResearch in Africa, Vol 12, no 1. 2015.
- Tembo Charles and Mutasa Dave- Shona proverbial lore, agency and optimism, in The Southern African Journal of Folklore Studies, Vol 22 (2), 2012
- Chigidi Willie and Tembo Charles-Traditional oral literature and the socialisation of the Shona (Zimbabwe) girl child: An genda for diempowerment, in Madirativhange: Journal of African Indigenous languages and literature vol, no 2, 2013