To establish a fully semesterised University with 10 faculties, 18 000 students, 900 teaching and 400 support staff, with the requisite services and infrastructure by the year 2015
Vision of the University
To be a unique, development-oriented, pace-setting and stakeholder-driven University that produces innovative, enterprising and internationally acclaimed graduates for the empowerment of society and creation of wealth.
Guided by its Vision, Midlands State University aims at being a leading internationally respected University which embraces diversity and community engagement whilst at the same time inspiring a spirit of life-long learning. This would be achieved through commitment to:
- a results based culture of problem solving through quality and relevant research, teaching and training by means of flexible packaging, work related learning and strategic partnerships with the University’s stakeholders for the immediate and ultimate benefit of humanity;
- sustainable socio-economic transformation through promotion of managerial skills and generation, dissemination and application of knowledge,
- total human capital development in an environment of a caring institution;
- the use of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) and the virtual classroom as principal teaching and training modes of delivery and research;
- gender equality and equity in student admissions, staff recruitment and promotion policies;
- enhancing the quality of people’s lives through new ideas and skills for sustainable utilization of resources;
- promotion of relevant and actionable quality research through both taught and research post graduate studies as means of generating new knowledge;
- good corporate governance policies and practices which are underpinned and expressed through the values of honesty, integrity, accountability and transparency and internationalization of higher education
- Driven by honesty, integrity, accountability, hard work and passion for excellence tempered by self discipline and care for others;
- Driven by sensitivity to gender equality and equity, needs of the disadvantaged, African culture and devotion to self-sufficiency, professionalism and patriotism.