- MSc Crop Science (Agronomy major), University of Zimbabwe, 2004
- BSc Agriculture (Crop Science), University of Zimbabwe, 2001
- Industrial Crop Agronomy
- Food Crop Agronomy
- Seed Science
- Conservation of plant genetic resources
Peer reviewed articles
- N.Ngwenya, B. T. Manenji, T. Madanzi, S. Kudita and W. Mahohoma. 2016. Influence of Maternal Season on Field Establishmentof Sorghum Varieties Grown in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Plant & Soil Science 11(6): 1-9.
- Ncube B., Rukuni D., Madanzi T., Mahohoma W., Manjeru P., and Handiseni M. 2016. Germination performance of tobacco varieties in response to different water potentials, priming and post-priming storage durations. African Journal of Plant Science (In-press Accepted 22 April 2016).
- Muhwiridzwa W, Manenji BT, Madanzi T and Mahohoma W. 2015. Evaluating the effects of chemical ripening with Fusilade Super on sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum ) yield and sugar content . International Journal of Plant & Soil Science 9(6): 1-8.
- Zirebwa F.S, Sammie B., Kapenzi A., MugandaniR. and Madanzi T. 2015. An evaluation of the performance and subsequent calibration of two reference evapotranspiration estimation models for Gweru, Zimbabwe. Academia Journal of Agricultural Research 2(7): 167-174.
- Kapenzi A, Zirebwa FS, Mugandani R, Sammie BT and Madanzi T. 2014. A comparative analysis in detachability of different soil textures. (Paper accepted in 2014 in the Midlands State University Journal of Science and Agricultural Technology– MSUJSAT).
- Zirebwa, F.S., Kapenzi A., Makuvaro, V. Sammie, B. and Madanzi T. 2015. An evaluation of the performance and subsequent calibration of three solar radiation estimation models for Cwb Koeppen climate class areas in Zimbabwe. (Paper accepted in 2014 in the Midlands State University Journal of Science and Agricultural Technology – MSUJSAT).
- Mukarati T. H., Rukuni D., and Madhanzi T. 2013. Influence of temperature on germination performanceof osmoprimed flue-cured tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) seeds. African Journal of Agricultural Research 8(49), pp. 6615-6624.
- Mareni, R., Nyathi, C., Madanzi T., Masaka, J., Chinorumba, S., and Manjeru P. 2013. The effect of phosphorus fertiliser application rates on root biomass characteristics of irrigated sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum L.). Midlands State University Journal of Science, Agriculture and Technology Vol 4 (1): 108-123
- Dube, E.D.N., Madanzi T., Kapenzi A. and Masvaya E.N. Root length density in maize (Zea mays L.) intercropped with cowpeas (Vigna uguiculata L.) within the same basin or outside the basin in a semi-arid area of Zimbabwe. American Journal of Plant Sciences 5:1499-1507.
- Madanzi T., Chiduza C., Richardson – Kageler S. J., and Muziri T. 2012. Effects of different plant populations on yield and yield components of different soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] varieties in a smallholder area of Zimbabwe. Journal of Agronomy 11 (1):9-16
- Murungu F.S.and Madanzi 2010. Sowing date, cultivar and seed priming effects on emergence, growth and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in a low altitude area of Zimbabwe. African Journal of Agricultural Research 5 (17): 2341-2349
- Ndige T., Madanzi T., Manjeru P., and Kapenzi A. 2012. Seed Priming and Water Potential Effects on Germination and Emergence of Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Midlands State University Journal of Science, Agriculture and Technology 3(1): 16-26
- Mharapara T.R., Manjeru P., Makunde G. and Madanzi T. 2010. Perfomance of F3 Common Bean Populations Under Rain Fed Conditions in Zimbabwe. Midlands State University Journal of Science, Agriculture and Technology 2 (1) 2010: 43-54
- Madanzi T., Chiduza C. and Richardson – Kageler S. 2010. Effects of planting method and seed size on stand establishment of soybean [ Glycine max (L.) Merrill c.v. Solitaire]. Journal of Soil and Tillage 106: 171 – 176
- Madanzi T. , Muhambi M. , Makeredza B. , Manjeru P., and Darikwa T. B. 2007. Effect of storage length on early stand establishment of four sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) varieties in the smallholder sector of Zimbabwe. 8th African Crop Science Society Conference 27- 31 October 2007- El-Minia, Egypt Proceedings Vol 8: 9-13.
- Manjeru P., Madanzi T., Ncizah A., Makekeredza B. and Sithole M. 2007. Effect of Water Stress at Different Growth Stages on Components and Grain Yield of Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). 8th African Crop Science Society Conference 27- 31 October 2007, El-Minia, Egypt Proceedings Vol 8: 299 – 303 .
- S. Murungu, E. Zuva, T. Madanzi, I. Matimati, Z. P. Dube.2005. Seed Priming and Water Potential Effects on Soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) Germination and Emergence. Journal of New Seeds Vol 7(3): 57 – 73
- Madanzi T. 2004. Soybean stand establishment studies and production constrains in Chinyika Resettlement Area of Zimbabwe. MSc Thesis. Crop Science Department. University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe.
- Madanzi T.2001. Water Use in Maize/Cowpea and Sorghum/Cowpea intercropping systems in the South East Lowveld of BSc Dissertation. Crop Science Department. University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe.
Articles under review
- Madanzi T., Madakadze I.C., Mafongoya P.L. and Takawira E.D. (2015 Effects of Different Multipurpose Tree Species (MPTs) on Germination and Early Growth of Rape (Brassica Napus L.) Seedlings.
- Madanzi T., Madakadze I.C., Mafongoya P.L. Managing nitrogen losses as nitrates and nitrous oxide in vegetable production systems: An environmental perspective.
- Madanzi T and IC Madakadze. Effect of various multipurpose tree prunings and their placement methods on nitrate release and root development in rape (Brassica napus).
- Madanzi T., Matimati I, Tau E., Chamisa C. and Mangena C.S. 2006. Response of two soyabean (Glycine max) varieties planted at two seed sizes and three planting depths on germination and emergence. Technical report submited to the Midlands State Unversity Research Board.
- Manjeru P. Makuvaro V. and Madanzi T. 2007. Screening for Alectra volgeri resistance among Crop Breeding Institute cowpea variety lines. Paper submitted to Technical report submited to the Midlands State Unversity Reserach Board in September 2007. Technical report submited to the Midlands State Unversity Research Board.
- Madanzi, C. Murare, And T. Muziri. Effects of Sugarcane and Field Beans Intercropping on Sugarcane Growth and Field Bean Yield in Smallholder Sector of Zimbabwe. 9th African Crop Science Society Conference, Sun International Hotel. 28th September to the 1st of October 2009.
- Penicela S.P, Madanzi T., Manjeru P. and Kapenzi A. Effects of placement methods of Compost and NPK applied as basal fertiliser on yield component and grain yield of irrigated rice (Oryza sativum) in Mozambique. 1st Minia International Conference for Agriculture and Irrigation in the Nile Basin Countries, 26-29 March 2012, El-Minia, Egypt.
- Muziri Tavagwisa and Madanzi Tendai. 2008. Can organic farming be the Panacea for reducing greenhouse gas emissions: Moving towards mitigating global climatic change. In: Menon, M.K., Paul, W.:S. and Muralidhara N. 2008. Global organic agribussines:India arrives.Papers presented at India organic 2008 seminar. Pages 122-125.
Training workshops organized/Community Engagement
Madanzi T. The politics of grants. Workshop on: Training for Grant Application. Tshulu Tshanabe, Conference Centre. 26 to 28 August 2009.
Madanzi T. Organised and taught various aspects on plant experimentation, survays and data analysis at a Workshop entitled: Training on research conception and experimentation in Applied Sciences. Telone Training Centre. 02 to 06 June 2008.
Madanzi T. Identification of farmers for on-farm trials. Advanced Statistical course for Natural Scientist. 16-18 August 2005. Fairmile hotel, Gweru. Was organizer and resource person.
Madanzi T. Soyabean Production for the Commercial sector of Zimbabwe. Training workshop for Newly resettled A2 farmers. 15-17 October 2004. Senga Training Centre.
Madanzi T. Soyabean production and Utilisation: Results of Research and Surveys carried out in Chinyika Resettlement Area of Zimbabwe. 28-30 July 2004. Chinyika Resettlement Area. Was organizer and resource person.
Madanzi T. Seed Production Legislation in Zimbabwe. Training of farmers on Open Pollinated Variety Production in Chinyika Resettlement Area. January 8 2004.