- PhD-Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology ,University of Limpopo
- MSc Clinical Psychology (UZ)
- BSc (Hons) (UZ)
- Indigenous psychology
- Health psychology
- Trauma and coping
- Women`s health
- Positive Psychology
Publications & Conference Presentations
- Mutambara J. (2015).Enhancing Psychosocial Support through Positive Youth Development:Narratives from Orphans in Zimbabwe.Journal of Child & Adolescent Behavior, 3: 264. doi:10.4172/2375-4494.1000264
- Julia Mutambara, Memory Chitambira, James January &Mpikelelo Maseko (2015) “Bearing my fruit into the grave”: experiences of anticipatory grieving and bereavement among Zimbabwean HIV positive women with loss of their only child, Journal of Psychology in Africa, 25:1, 20-24
- Maunganidze l, Mutambara J. Sodi T&Nkiwane S.(2015). Relationship Complexities among Women with Obstetric Fistula in Zimbabwe: An Exploratory Study. Journal of Psychology in Africa (25)4.
- Mutambara S. &Mutambara J. (2014). Multiple vulnerabilities locking rural communities in the south easternlowveld of Zimbabwe. JOURNAL of economics and sustainable development, 5(19). http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEDS/article/view/16104
- Mutambara J.( 2012). Helping the helper: Effective psychological intervention for trauma specialists. International journal of Scientific Research and Essays
- , Maunganidze L., Muchichwa P. (2012) Towards promotion of mental health: The impact of obstetric fistula among women in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Asian Social Science.
- Mutambara J. & Mutambara S. (2012). Fostering motivation in the engagement of volunteer workers: An analysis of volunteers in NGOs in Zimbabwe. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences.
- Mutambara J. & Bhebe V. (2012). An analysis of the factors affecting students` adjustment at a university in Zimbabwe. Journal of International Education Studies
- Mutambara S. & Mutambara J (2012). Challenges of talent management in Non Governmental Organisations in Zimbabwe. Research Journal in Organisational Psychology and Educational Studies.
- Mutambara J. & Mutambara S. (2011). Stress and coping among adolescent orphans. The DYKE
Articles under review
- Mutambara J, January J, Matore S &Sodi T. “Goblins left dirt in my birth canal”: Cultural beliefs and meaning making among women with cervical cancer in Zimbabwe. ALTERNATION:Interdisciplinary Journal for the Study of the Arts andHumanities in Southern Africa- UKZN
- Mutambara J, Madanhire S, MudhovoziP.‘If you don’t swim with us you are a pig’ Problems adapting to rural life, experiences of and emotional reactions to stigma among children living with albinism in rural Zimbabwe. Disability and Society
- Mutambara J. Suicidal Ideation and hopelessness among students at a university in Zimbabwe. Journal of Psychology and Behavioural Science
- Psychological Aspects of Trauma and its Resolution: The Road to National Healing in Zimbabwe (2012). International Journal of Psychology.
- Stress and coping among adolescent orphans (2012). International Journal of Psychology.
Articles published in non- refereed journals
Trauma effects and intervention for trauma specialists. Mutambara, J. Quiet Mountain Essays
International Conference Presentations
- Mutambara J (10 Nov, 2015). Unforgiveness as a factor in repeated suicide attempts: The case of a parasuicidal HIV positive married women. East and Central Africa Regional Conference of Psychology (2ndECARCP, 2015). Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mutambara J. (Sept,2015). Enhancing psychosocial support through positive youth development: Narratives from adolescent orphans in Zimbabwe. Regional psychosocial support forum (September 2015). Victoria Falls. Zimbabwe
- Mutambara J. (July,2015). Suicidal ideation and hopelessness among students at a University in Zimbabwe.Midlands State University 1st International Multi-Disciplinary Research Conference. Driving socio-economic development
- Mutambara J., Matore S. & January J.. It could be ‘mubobobobo’ : Meanings of cervical cancer to women in Zimbabwe. Forum for African Psychology, 27-29 March 2014. Limpopo University, Polokwane
- International conference on Psychology (ICP 2012) .CAPE TOWN –South Africa. Paper presented-“Stress and coping among adolescents orphans” .Mutambara J. &Mutambara S.
- International conference on Psychology (ICP 2012) .CAPE TOWN –South Africa. Paper presented- “Psychological Aspects of Trauma and its Resolution: The Road to National Healing in Zimbabwe”. Mutambara, J., Ngwenya, F., Mtemeri, J., Maphosa, S., Maseko M.
Local Conference /workshop presentations
- Maunganidze l, Mutambara J. &Nkiwane S. (2014). Relationship issues among women with obstretric fistula. Social science research seminar series. MSU
- Mutambara, J., Ngwenya, F., Mtemeri, J., Maphosa, S., Maseko M. (2011) Psychological Aspects of Trauma and its Resolution: The Road to National Healing in Zimbabwe.Social Science Seminar Series. Midlands State University.
- Mutambara J. (2011) APA Stlye of Referencing. Staff training and Development Workshop. Communication Skills Centre,(2011). Midlands State University.
- Mutambara J. (2012) Indigenous knowledge systems in trauma healing: complex trauma experiences of a rural community in Zimbabwe. Psychology Department Doctoral Studies Presentation Seminar, 2012. Midlands State University.